The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Professorial Chair in the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Obafemi Awolowo University.
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
The person appointed shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Mathematics and carry out research in any specialized area of Applied Mathematics.
B. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The successful applicant to this position shall be called, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye Outstanding Professor of Mathematics, in the sense that he/she must have earned it by his/her outstanding accomplishments.
A candidate for the position must have:
1. A Ph.D. in Mathematics from a reputable university;
2. An impeccable record of teaching and research career as a Professor or Reader in Applied Mathematics: Demonstrable indicators of research achievement include having high-quality scientific publications, at least ten (10) of which are in Thomson Reuters impact factor journals; and having a successful track record in PhD supervision;
3. A strong proof of Continuing High-Quality Research in Mathematics;
4. Administrative and academic leadership skills augmented by requisite communication and interpersonal skills with proven integrity;
5. Cutting-edge information technology (IT) essentials; and
6. Learned society membership in the Mathematical Sciences.
The package includes the following:
- Transportation (Assigned car and driver);
- Research Allowance;
- Journal Allowance;
- Learned Society Subscription Allowance;
- Local transport and travelling Allowance;
- Books and periodicals;
- Housing; and
- Conference/Lectures Allowance.
The Chair has a non-renewable tenure of TWO YEARS.
E. CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
As contained in the Obafemi Awolowo University Conditions of Service for Senior Staff.
F. METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit three (3) bound copies of publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed application and curriculum vitae. The curriculum vitae should be according to the following format:
A. Personal Data
1. Full Name (Surname First)
2. Date of Birth
3. Contact Details
5. State of Origin
6. Senatorial District
7. Local Government Area
8. Permanent Home Address
9. Marital Status
10. Number of Children and their Ages
11. Next of Kin
12. Contact Details of Next of Kin
13. Date of Assumption of Duty
14. Rank/Status on First Appointment
15. Present Status
16. Date of Last Promotion
17. Present Salary, Grade Level and Step
18. Date of Confirmation of Appointment
B. Educational Background
C. Work Experience with Dates
D. Membership of Professional Bodies
F. Professional Accomplishment
G. Conferences, Seminars and Workshop Attended with Dates
H. Current Research Activities
I. Current Relevant Information
J. Contribution to Knowledge
K. Signature and Date
Applications should be forwarded to the Registrar, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile - Ife, on or before Wednesday, 28th November, 2018.
Mrs. Margret Omosule
Registrar and Secretary to Council