Special Release to all Students on Resuscitation of the Students' Union in Obafemi Awolowo University
The University Management wishes to inform all students that prior to the commencement of COVID-19 Lockdown in March, 2020, Obafemi Awolowo University had taken steps to ensure that the Obafemi Awolowo University Students’ Union was resuscitated on two different occasions but the processes were truncated due to the activities of some group of students on our campus.
Meanwhile, Protest or No Protest, the University Management has already determined to reinstate the Suspended Students Union before the end of this current 2019/2020 Academic Session.
In recognition of the right of freedom of association and assembly as well as the right to ensure that students play their roles actively in decision-making processes as one of the major stakeholders in the University, the Management, through the Dean of Student Affairs, took another step in January this year 2021 to present another proposal to the University Senate with a view to ensuring that the Students’ Union of Obafemi Awolowo University was resuscitated.
Accordingly, the University Senate considered the proposal at its virtual meeting in January, 2021 and in its wisdom advised that resuscitation of the Students’ Union, being an exclusive preserve of students, should not be executed virtually while the students were not on ground in the University.
The University Management hereby wishes to inform all students (and other stakeholders) that as soon as all students return to campus fully during the Rain Semester of the current 2019/2020 academic session, machinery will be put in place to set the ball rolling concerning the resuscitation of the Students’ Union in Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
We want to sincerely appreciate all our students and other stakeholders for displaying high level of maturity thus far.
In the interim, we advised our students to continue to be law abiding and go about their normal academic activities as arranged by the University Management.
Staff are reminded of the need to:
1. adhere to all COVID-19 protocols, which includes, regular washing/sanitizing of hands, maintenance of social distancing and wearing of face masks; and
2. restrict the reception of visitors to the barest minimum. Such visitors should also comply with all the safety protocols in place.
All Heads of Departments/Units are advised to please monitor and ensure strict compliance with the above directives.
M. I. Omosule (Mrs.) Registrar and Secretary to Council
1. Agriculture - Part 1 to 3,5
• Department of Music, Part 1-4
• Department of Foreign Languages, Parts 1,2, and 4
• Students offering these courses:
EGL103, EGL201, EGL301, DRA103, DRA209, DRA105, DRA307, DRA413, DRA 423, DRA 427
3. EDM- Parts 1-5
4. Technology -Parts 1 to 5
5. Education: Students offering these courses:
BOT101, BOT103, CHM101, CHM103
ZOO103, BOT201, CHM205, CHM207, CSC301, ZOO201, BOT203, BOT301,
BOT303, ZOO301, BOT305, ZOO403, CHM101, CHM103, PHY101, PHY107, CHM201, CHM203, CHM205, PHY203, CHM305, CHM307, CHM309,
CSC201, CHM401, PHY201, PHY203, PHY205,
PHY207, PHY301, PHY303, PHY305, PHY307, PHY401, PHY405, PHY431, MTH101,
MTH201, MTH205, MTH207, MTH311, MTH305, MTH423, MTH401
MTH403, MTG409, MTH417, CSC331, CSC221,
PHE101, PHE201, PHE301, PHE405, PHE411, PHE111, PHE213, PHE209
6. Social Sciences: Students offering these courses:
CSC333, PSY205, GPY205, GPY303, GPY417, GPY419
All students should strictly observe COVID-19 protocols in and outside Campus.
Special Release to all Prospective Corp Members (PCMS) on 2021 Batch A National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Mobilization.
It is important for us to inform all our affected PCMs that over the years we have tried to comply with the time-table, guidelines, rules and regulations as stipulated by the NYSC from time to time. Even as of yesterday, Friday 5th March, 2021, the NYSC dash-board still indicated that uploading of PCMs to the NYSC portal should end on 14th March, 2021 and further registration will commence thereafter.
We would like to assure all our affected PCMs to exercise some patience for the next stream of the 2021 Batch A mobilization. As soon as the next registration commences, the PCMs whose names have been uploaded to the NYSC portal will be able to register as appropriate
2-Day Virtual Workshop for Provosts, Deans, Directors, Heads of Department/Units and Colleges/Faculty Secretaries
THEME: Ensuring Effective Service Delivery in the University, Post-COVID-19 Era.
Date: Tuesday, 23rd and Wednesday, 24th February, 2021.
Time: 8.00am – 3.00pm Daily.
Venue: Virtual Platform.
Please endeavor to register at least one (1) day to the commencement of this event using this link: https://bit.ly/OAU-STDU-2021A or Via Zoom Webinar ID: 932 9361 2142
Zoom Webinar Password: OAU
Once done, you will receive a Zoom link at the email provided during registration which you can use to join the meeting on the 23rd and 24th of February, 2021. Thank you for planning to attend, we look forward to having you.
OAU-STDU and OAU Virtual Meetings.
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE IFE.
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & COMMUNICATIONS UNIT (INTECU)
NOTICE TO ALL STUDENTS IN RESPECT OF INSTITUTIONAL EMAIL ACCOUNTS.
- Your institutional email account (@student.oauife.edu.ng) is required to access your Google Classroom page, and other useful University ICT resources (e.g. personalized Internet Access, etc.).
- All students that had paid fees and completed their course registration as at December 31, 2020 should now see their @student.oauife.edu.ng email account and password in their EPORTAL pages (https://eportal.oauife.edu.ng). New email account requests are also being processed.
- The “Work profile” problem on MOBILE DEVICES has now been resolved. Please delete the @student.oauife.edu.ng email account on your device and recreate it. You should now be able to receive emails and join a Google Classroom on your mobile device.
- If you are still unable to access your email account, please send an email with your
MATRICULATION NUMBER AS THE EMAIL SUBJECT FIELD, to
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Phone Number
- Matric No./ JAMB No. (Part-1)
- Current Level (Part)
- State the nature of the problem in three lines or less.
You are also required to attach a SCREENSHOT of your EPORTAL LANDING PAGE (https://eportal.oauife.edu.ng/undergraduatetasks.php) showing your PICTURE and EMAIL STATUS.
Do not do this more than once. You will get a response within 24 hours.
- The Virtual Learning FAQ (https://oauife.edu.ng) will provide additional information.