INTECU continues to provide essential SKELETAL ICT services during the COVID-19 work restriction period. Campus Internet users should please note the following:
The online application form for STAFF is available here – https://bit.ly/oauemail
- Internet access is NOT FREE – The nominal monthly fee is currently N1,500 for the 24-hour/30-day monthly access with no download or upload DATA CAPS (limits) this fee may be reviewed upwards going forward.
- In order to ensure FAIR USAGE, each STAFF Internet account is limited to an Internet bandwidth (speed) of 2 - 5Mbps during peak periods and 10Mbps (or more) during off peak periods. This is more than sufficient for FAST web browsing and Internet download.
- The peak period falls between 10am and 4pm daily.
- When you share your Internet access with others by creating wireless HOTSPOTS, your personal Internet speed and browsing experience suffers – DO NOT BLAME INTECU FOR THIS!!
- All University Network Services (email, Internet access, web site, etc.) remain available during this period.
- During this COVID-19 restriction period, ONLY the University Secretariat Building (old and new blocks), Provosts and Deans offices will be attended to for out-of-station visits.
- In the course of the year 2020, most of INTECU services will be migrated to online platforms as part of OAU’s smart University initiative.
- Thank you for your understanding, and PLEASE REMAIN SAFE.
Signed: Director INTECU.