This is to bring to your notice that the Special Meeting of Senate scheduled for 10.00a.m on Wednesday, 24th April, 2019 in the Main Conference Hall, ICT Driven Knowledge Park, Computer Centre, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife has been rescheduled for Tuesday, 30th April, 2019 at the same venue and time.
Any inconvenience caused by this postponement is highly regretted.
Please keep the new date open and kindly attend the meeting punctually
Notice is hereby given for the 334TH Meeting of Senate scheduled for 10.00a.m on Thursday, 24th January, 2019 in the Main Conference Hall, ICT Driven Knowledge Park, Computer Centre, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
Kindly note the New Venue slated for the meeting.
Members are requested to bring along the deferred papers circulated for the meetings of 3rd and 11th October, 2018 to the meeting.
Also note that Election of Senate’s Representatives in Council for the Next Two Years will be conducted at the floor of Senate.
The Agenda and Papers for the meeting shall be forwarded in due course.
Please keep the date open and attend the meeting punctually
SENATE MEETINGS: CHANGE OF VENUE
In view of the approval granted by Senate at its 332nd Meeting held on 3rd October, 2018, with respect to the proposal for e-Senate, kindly be notified that venue for Senate meeting of 24th January, 2019 has moved from the traditional Conference Centre Hall to Main Conference Hall, ICT Driven Knowledge Park, Computer Centre, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
The paper-light/paperless operation shall kick-off on this date.
Also, kindly note as follows; that:
- Faculties/Departments/Units would no longer be required to submit 450 copies of recommendations to Senate Office. Rather, all papers submitted should be scanned into CDs;
- To complement the CDs, 50 copies of recommendations (hard copies) should be forwarded to Senate Office;
- Our officers would be at hand to collect and open the CDs in the presence of the bearers to certify them okay before taking them in;
- Deadlines for submission of papers processed for Senate meetings shall be at least, seven (7) days before the dates of the meetings. However, in case of the Senate meeting of 24th January, 2019, the deadline shall be Friday, 18th January, 2019 due to unforeseen exigencies;
- It has become imperative for all stakeholders to hold all deadlines sacrosanct and forward all papers in good time. It is important to note that papers not submitted by deadlines would have to be taken at the next available opportunity.
May we use this opportunity to solicit for your cooperation and support to facilitate effective delivery of services.
Director, Academic Affairs