To nurture a teaching and learning community; advance frontiers of knowledge; engender a sense of selfless public service; and add value to African culture.
A top-rated university in Africa.
- To produce graduate of international standard, with appropriate knowledge and skills in their field of study, who will be highly employable and able to employ themselves.
- To provide high quality research and development activities that will promote the development of the Nation and enhance the image of the University and the researchers.
- To harness modern technology especially ICT and modern social, economic and financial strategies to run a cost of efficient and effective academic programme and institutional management.
- To provide services that has relevance to and impact on the local community and the Nation.
- To provide conditions of study, work and living in the University Community that is of appropriate standard.
- To expand access to tertiary education in the face of unmet demand.
- To operate as an equal opportunity educational institution, sensitive to the principle of gender equity and non-discriminatory on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion or physical disability